IoT, Big Data Retail Summit Canada / November 15-16, 2016, Downtown Toronto, ON
The Internet of Things is transforming the retail industry, almost eliminating the choice/customization trade-off and redefining sources of competitive advantage. The ROI for retailer could be more rewarding than some retailers expect. A recent study has revealed that North American IoT-Enabled Connected Retail Market will reach $53 billion by 2022.
Balance of power has shifted, once and for all, away from sellers and toward well informed, mobile, socially-connected consumers. Retailers that take the lead in this space stand to gain an important advantage in an already competitive environment. Early adopters will be positioned to more quickly deliver IoT-enabled capabilities that can increase revenue, reduce costs and drive a differentiated brand experience.
To succeed in the digital business era, retailers have to stretch their boundaries. This requires rethinking their business model, deciding how to transform into digital businesses and making the right technology investments to become digital leaders.
Retailers can no longer afford to be laggards in adopting new technologies or in how software applications are implemented. Adopting IoT, Big Data strategy can spur growth, shape new markets and reach new customers. Retailers have to start looking at applications as the game changer for the future by way of creating new services and offerings.
To facilitate and contribute to this transformation, we are hosting the Canadian IoT, Big Data Retail Summit 2016 which takes place at St. Andrew’s Club in Toronto, Ontario. This conference has been conceptualized as a knowledge sharing and networking platform for Retail CIOs, CMOs, CTOs and Chief Digital Officers, senior innovation heads, digital, product development and customer experience leaders to interact with IoT, Big Data, AI and other technology thought leaders and solutions providers which will enable retailers to deliver the right retail experience at the right time to customers to inspire lifelong brand loyalty and become efficient and more profitable.
Join us on November 15-16, 2016 at St. Andrew’s Club in Downtown Toronto!
Strategic IoT Partner and Sponsors
Opening Remarks by Conference Chair
Introducing a Digital First Mentality in to B2B Organizations
Tech Keynote: Succeeding in the Digital Business Era
- How would companies smoothly adapt to the new technologies
- Orchestrate new business solutions to help win the digital battle and drive competitive advantage
- Technology as a Game Changer for future by way of creating new services and offerings
Morning Networking Break
Using Data and IoT for a higher Return on Experience
- How retailers can focus on the 'return on experience' to create memorable shopping moments and connect with their customers.
- Why measuring ROE requires a different approach than traditional ROI
- How data and IoT fit into creating memorable customer experiences
- About unique industry leaders that are transforming the retail experience, leveraging the power of technology
Building the Case for Ecommerce Transformation – New Brunswick Liqour Corporation
- Creating New Channels and Business Stream
- Optimizing Supply Chain Operations
Analytics – Key to transform you retail business – Case Study
Panel: Building a Successful Strategy
- The Route to Digital – Key technologies to consider for retail
- Customer Loyalty – A Future-Flexible approach to technology
- Automated Merchandising and Operations
- Addressing Privacy and Security
- Going Global with IoT and Big Data
- Brian Harriman, President & CEO, NB Liquor Corporation
- Jean Turgeon, Chief Technologist, Avaya Canada
- Alan Gertner, CEO, Tokyo Smoke
- John Scime, RM, Loss Prevention, Giant Tiger
Retail Innovations for the Internet of Things – Automated Merchandising and Operations
- Improving Service and Customer Experience
- Creating Sustainable Brand Leveraging Technology
Afternoon Networking Break
Panel Discussion: Shifting Traditional Marketing to Digital First Marketing
- Camille Kiffer, SVP Customer Experience & Digital Channels, Rogers Communications
- Warren Cable, Digital Strategy Advisor
- Kerri Dawson, VP Marketing, LCBO
Monitoring and understanding customers in an un-interfering manner
Do’s and Don’ts of data capturing and use
Data Privacy, use of technology to address Data Privacy issues
Data security – lessons learn from retail data breaches
How much data is too much data
End of Day 1
Recap of Day 1 and Welcome by Conference Chair
Keynote: Tech Adoption in Retail – Challenge or Reality
- Changing mindset of retail operators
- Keeping up with time and demographics
- New tech as growth strategy
- Are CIOs as critical to retail success as CMOs and CEOs?
- Competitive advantage through technology, apps and data
- Is cyber world the new location?
Keynote: Key Drivers to Digital Business Growth – Remaining Relevant with Your Customer
- Dissecting consumer behavior through the customer journey
- Emerging technology to better to discover unmet customer needs
- Connecting data to understand your customers
- Emerging models in digital retail
- Cross-channel connectedness
Morning Networking Break
Modernizing the Consumer Price Index with Scanner Data
Panel Discussion: Maintaining a Customer-Centric Approach to Innovation
- From just retail sales to in-store retail experience
- Customers to customize their own purchases through innovative technologies
- Breaking barriers between sales team and customers through digitalization
- Michelle Harper, National Marketing Manager, Purdys Chocolatier
- Brad Simms, CEO and President, GALE
Building a Data-Driven Culture
- The 3 things you need to start your Big Data Initiatives
- Why you (and your team) don’t need to be data scientists to impact customer acquisition
- The Do’s and Don’ts of building a team that achieves a data-driven, decision-making process
- How Change Management impacts strategy and execution, and empowers your team to get the job done
- Innovators to showcase and pitch their products while building valuable business networks
- Investors to preview new ready-for-market products
- Retailers to experience and learn about accessibility technology first-hand
Adapting an Established Brand to the Digital Age – Purdys Case Study
Panel: How to Leverage Technology to Bridge the Empathy Gap
- Arnaud Van de Voorde, VP, CX Technology & CEO, Jackman Digital
- Ardie Wen, Lead Digital Innovation Kevin Keane, Founder, Brainsights
- Brad Simms, CEO and President, GALE
- John Coombs, CEO, RoverLabs
IoT & Analytics for Theft and Fraud Detection
- Building effective fraud risk management
- Effective control activities
- Continuous monitoring and innovation
Networking and Evening Coffee and End of Conference
President and CEO
NB Liquor Corporation
VP Digital Experience
Director Marketing Investment and Digital Acquisition
National Marketing Manager
Digital Strategy Advisor
Global Director SDN Fx & SMART Enterprise Solutions
Director, Toronto Regional Operations
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Arnaud Van de Voorde
VP, Customer Experience Technology
Regional Loss Prevention Manager
SVP Customer Experience & Digital Channels
Senior Vice President & Chief Commercial Officer
Director Customer Insights
Lead, Technology Innovation
Bjenk Ellefsen, PhD
Unit Head, Data Exploration & Integration Lab
CEO and President
About Our Sponsors
Avaya is a recognized innovator leading business communications for the digital age. Avaya delivers smart global solutions and technologies for customer and team engagement, unified communications and collaboration, contact center and customer experience management, and networking. We provide related services to large enterprises, midmarket companies, small businesses, and government organizations around the world.
About Our Media Partners
Retail TouchPoints (RTP) is an online publishing network for retail executives, offering content focused on optimizing the customer experience across all channels. RTP provides an array of editorial opportunities and content designed to guide the retail companies in their quest for long-term success.
Focusing on the importance of thinking innovatively in a new media climate, we provide optimal vehicles to share industry insights and announcements, such as digital newsletters, video and audio podcasts.
More than 30,000 retail executives tap into the weekly Retail TouchPoints newsletter, covering every type of line of business, from C-level executives, to Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations, IT and Supply Chain.
Internet Retailer is the world’s largest publisher in the field of e-commerce. Through multiple print, digital and web-based publications and database services, we provide strategic and practical business information and original competitive research on e-retailing to more than 200,000+ retail executives and direct marketers every month.
- CXOs of Retail Businesses
- CIOs, CTOs of Canadian Retailers
- VP, Director, Manager
- Marketing, Brand and Communication
- Retail and Channel Management
- Customer Retention
- Data Management
- Demand Generation
- eCommerce platforms
- Product manager, Product Marketing and Product Development
- Sales and Business Development
- IoT, Big Data Technology providers
- Retail App developers and Solutions providers
- In-Store Technology and Retail Technology providers
- Enterprise solution providers
- Big Data consultants and service providers
St. Andrew's Club / Downtown Toronto
The IoT, Big Data Retail Summit Canada 2016 takes place at St. Andrew’s Club located in Downtown Toronto.
St. Andrew’s Club
150 King Street West, 16th floor
For more information about the venue, go to St. Andrew’s Club’s website.
Also, check out some of the venue pictures below.