Autonomous vehicle or automated driving technology encompasses the general view of “driverless vehicular technology”. The adoption of autonomous vehicles (AV’s) is set to bring a significant economic, social and environmental change to our industries.
- The car market will expand from $42 billion in 2025 to approximately $77 billion in 2035.
- Autonomous vehicles features are expected to capture 25% of the new car market
- The Internet of Things (IoT) in transportation market is expected to reach $143.93 billion by 2020 at an estimated CAGR of 8.95% from 2014 to 2020
- By 2035, vehicles with remote technology will acquire nearly 25% of the car market
- Use of IoT and automated technologies will lead to 13% reduction in load and haul costs.
Despite the optimistic forecast, autonomous vehicles today are still in its nascent stage while the biggest challenge that industries face is trust. Apart from trust, challenges that could hinder its adoption would be regulatory decisions, infrastructure barriers, widespread industry acceptance and cost of development.
On the other hand, autonomous vehicles are being deployed across a number of key industries like fleet management, mining, oil & gas, defense and industrial. Remote or “teleoperation” technologies allow people to communicate and control machines remotely, ensuring safety in hazardous environments and fatigue.
Why you shouldn’t miss the Industrial Autonomous Vehicles Summit?
- Keep up-to-date on autonomous driving technology across America’s key industries
- Engage in discussions on the benefits of “platooning”, emphasizing on successful case studies
- Learn how remote sensing (GPS, AI, image recognition) can substitute manual operations into leading safer, more efficient means of service delivery
- Emphasize on how to protect data and the importance of secured systems
- Upgrade your current operations to build a more profitable company
Can autonomous technology provide answers to those questions? Can IoT, Big Data technology transform the transport sector? If so, then it will have a knock-on effect on insurance, regulation, labour relations and many more sectors.
If you are interested in speaking, attending or sponsoring the event and learn about about how to create more efficient transportation services by addressing the challenges and opportunities that we face, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autonomous Vehicles Impact on Different Industries
- Wireless Communication Systems for Different Functions
- Privacy and Data Security
- Smart Machines for Smart Farming
- Creating a Digital Mine to Achieve the Next Level of Safety & Productivity
- Robotics in the Logistics Industries
- Level 5 Automation